Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trog Dodges a Bullet

A couple of weeks ago I was taking a walk in our neighborhood at dusk. As I approached the corner of Glen Street and Milton Avenue I saw a man wearing a trench coat, floppy hat, and sun glasses leaning on a telephone pole. When I drew near he spit out his toothpick and spoke.

"Pssst! C'mere."

"What? I can hear you from here."

"I gots a proposition fer ya."


"Something I can't refuse, I suppose?"

"Nah, nuttin' like dat. I heared ya got posting privileges on The TrogloPundit."

"Maybe I do. What's it to you?"

"Well, I have been authorized by the DNC to give ya $37.50 if ya post something about The TrogloPundit supporting Cap & Trade. Half now, half after the job is done."

"Now why would I want to do that... even for 2 weeks pay?"

"Well, fer da chilluns, fer one. And besides, the real TrogloPundit has a completely backwards -- troglodytic, in fact -- position on climate change. He's behind the rest of the world and he seems to be working hard to -- trying to make the US the laughingstock of the world. You know, if we send President Obama to Copenhagen in December to the Copenhagen Climate Coun -- Conference without a strong climate bill, uh, the US will be behind the rest of the world, will be the laughingstock of the world, and will be dooming the planet according to the science. He's selfishly doing it for entirely economic reasons. It's not because he don't believe the science. Everybody who -- I mean if you believe in science at all, you have to believe that climate change is real and it's human caused."


"Well, give me my $23.75 half now and I'll see what I can do."

"Here ya go... 21, 22, 23... 25, 40, 60, 75. Yer a reel Pattriot. If we couldn't get on TrogloPundit, George Soros sed weed hafta try the Chamber of Commerce or sumpin."

$23.75. A 12 pack of Dinkel Acker and a 12 pack of Warsteiner. Troglodytic, indeed.

Thanks, DNC!

No comments: