Monday, August 09, 2004

Lance

Remember those old E.F. Hutton commercials, where one guy says "Well, my broker is E.F. Hutton, and he says..." and everything around him stops, as dozens of people lean in to hear what E.F. Hutton has to say?

I had an E.F. Hutton moment yesterday, at church. There's an elderly woman who goes to my church who just hates Michael Moore - goes on and on about Farenheit 911, and how Moore went out of his way to make the President look like an idiot. Anyway, I sat down near her after services yesterday, and she brings the subject up again. Another woman gets up, disgusted (in a friendly sort of way), and says "you must be a Bush fan."

Elderly woman #1 says yep. Elderly woman #2 says she hopes Bush gets creamed. I pipe in, saying "He won't, you know."

It wasn't quite like the commercials - every single sound didn't stop, but it was really funny the way everybody kind of looked over at me, to see why I think Bush is going to win.

So I gave them what they wanted. "Kerry's such a goober."

1 comment:

Steve Burri said...

Lance, Bingo! Parsimony! Occam's Razor! Bravo!!