Friday, September 10, 2004

Scientists Look Around, See No Evidence, Conclude No Life Anywhere Other Than Earth.

I'm being sarcastic, of course. Still, I think it takes a kind of faith to continue believing we'll find other Earth-like planets, as the scientists in this story clearly believe, much less other planets capable of sustaining life. We have exactly one piece of evidence: our own solar system. One, out of how many millions of stars? I wonder what the margin of error on that poll is.

I might add that I have faith that there are other Earth-like planets, that some of those do contain life, and intelligent life, and that, if polled, they will prefer John F. Kerry over George W. Bush.

If you're interested, here's a great, but very long, article on the subject of other planets. Very very interesting.

1 comment:

Steve Burri said...

I believe Kerry has said that he would include them in his coalition and has berated Bush for not doing so.