Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ach! Another book meme!

Fine.

1. How many books have I owned?

You mean, lifetime? Does that include all my kids' books? Because in a technical legal sense, I own those, too. Thousands, I would think. Let's say 2,000. Unless you also mean "funny books," a euphemism for comic books, which would put the number higher.

2. What was the last book you bought?

"Battlegrounds," which is a comparison of various old military battles, based on the terrain on which they were fought. Bit of an odd read, really.

3. Last book that you've read.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

4. 5 books that have meant a lot to you.

The Bible; The Collected Works of Dr. Seuss (mostly the Horton books, "If I Ran the Circus", and "Oh, the Places You'll Go"); The AAA Wisconsin/Michigan Tour Book; "Robert the Bruce" by Nigel Tranter; and...geez, I can't think of another one. Okay, "The Hobbit," which helped me become a full-fledged teenage nerd.

YOUR TURN GRANDPA JOHN!

No comments: