Friday, June 09, 2006

Sputnik Remains in Orbit

According to Forbes.com the passenger vehicle most likely to be stolen is the Cadillac Escalade. The least likely to be jacked is the Ford Taurus station wagon.

I drive a 1988 Chevy Spectrum. Linda calls it the 'Sputnik'. (It originally came with a non-turbocharged 1.5 liter engine, but I've put in an old Briggs & Stratton lawnmower engine, so it is even more spunky now, especially in tall grass.)

And surprise, surprise... that reminds me of another Burri story!

Our late Uncle Fred lived in New Orleans. (Long before Katrina) He related to us the several muggings that he had experienced. (I have always assumed that he was the muggee and not the mugger, but I never thought to ask.) He told us of one holdup where the thief took a quick glance into his wallet, gave it back, and just walked away.

I figure that I am metaphorically driving Uncle Fred's wallet. I have no compunction about the Cadillac ornaments and Escalade nameplates with which I have customized it.

No comments: