"In the 1960s I was still a young kid living in the USSR."
Where's My Stash?
Oleg Atbashian relates some observations about American Progressives:
"Being a reluctant expert on communist ideology, I examined the Marxist connection first. But while Marxism may be strong in the academia, most people at the rallies won’t be members of any Marxist nor any other radical movement."
"Your morality is what guides you in your choices between right and wrong, good and evil. If you believe it’s wrong to enjoy life in a successful capitalist society, you’ll feel guilty about your high living standard and a disproportionate consumption of world’s resources. By extension, you wouldn’t want to miss the once-in-a-year opportunity to redeem your sins by supporting such a highly moral cause as an anti-war protest."
"My research has led me to the excerpts from Yoko Ono and John Lennon’s articles published in the 1972 editions of Sundance magazine... It should be a required read for everyone who would like to know where their otherwise lazy and cynical leftist opponents get their passionate idealistic convictions from."
Here is a condensed list: (With annotations)
"1. A collective hallucination can create objective reality.
2. “The fenceless and doorless world is soon to come.” Obviously it’s a good thing.
3. Middle America is stupid and “afraid of youth and the future.”
4. People work not because they’re glad to have a job but because they’re being bullied into working by the “tyranny and suppression of the capitalists.” (Karl Marx called and left a message).
5. Immature youth are “the aware ones”; traditional education and thought discipline is the enemy.
6. Material reality is evil.
7. “Come together rather than claim independence.”
8. “Feel rather than think.”
9. Immature and irresponsible behavior is a virtue.
10. Possessions are immoral. “Any possession that is more than what you need belongs to someone who needs it.”
11. A worldwide revolution (“progress”) is inevitable, and such a future “cannot be anything but brightness.”
12. To resist the revolution is immoral because it prolongs people’s suffering.
13. A society based on competitiveness and logic produces “hypocrisy, violence, and chaos.”
14. A society based on love rather than reasoning will produce “balance, peace, and contentment.”
15. To remove evil from this world men must be feminized (if you liked this one you will also like “The DaVinci Code” which is a 500-pages-long regurgitation of this very doctrine)."
No doubt about it, I need a bigger stash!