Tuesday, May 01, 2007

RINO Think Tank

Bruce Bartlett posts Conservatives for Hillary? on Townhall.com:

Introductory paragraph:

As each day passes, it becomes increasingly clear that the Democrats will win the White House next year. It’s not quite 1932, but it’s getting close to a sure thing. All the energy is on their side, they are raising more money from more contributors, and there is little if any enthusiasm for any of the Republican candidates—even among Republicans. [...]


Concluding paragraph:

At some point, politically sophisticated conservatives will have to recognize that no Republican can win in 2008 and that their only choice is to support the most conservative Democrat for the nomination. Call me crazy, but I think that person is Hillary Clinton.


I especially like the way he uses the word 'sophisticated'.

So... what's next for Bartlett?

"As each day passes, it becomes increasingly clear that the terrorists will win the Global War on Terror next year." [...]

"At some point, spiritually sophisticated Westerners will have to recognize that Western Civilization can't win and that their only choice is to support the most liberal Islamofascist available. Call me crazy, but I think that person is Osama bin Laden."

(To be clear, I am not equating Hillary with Osama. I am just paralleling Bartlett's rhetorical technique.)

No comments: