Saturday, June 09, 2007

There Will Be Peace in Our Time

Senator Edwards is outlining a new national security strategy that includes the creation of a 10,000-person civilian peace corps to stem the tide of terrorism in weak and unstable countries.

Mr. Edwards's plan, which he presented in Manhattan yesterday, comes less than a week after he called President Bush's war on terror a "bumper sticker slogan" and said the current national security strategy has not made America safer.1
President Edwards' vision is the creation of a 10,000-civilian "Marshall Corpse" that will teach developing countries endangered by terrorist takeover to sing peace songs, hold hands, and get along well with others.

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

- Robert DeCormier, Peter Yarrow, Noel Paul Stookey and Mary Travers

I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,
Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.

- Bill Backer, Billy Davis, and Roger Cook

If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening ... all over this land,
I'd hammer out danger
I'd hammer out a warning
I'd hammer out love between all of my brothers and my sisters
All over this land.

-L. Hays and P. Seeger

One by one, each person will stand, close their eyes, and fall backward only to be saved from hitting the ground by their fellow man. They will learn trust, not hate.

In a new video, recently released by Al-Jazeera, a teary-eyed Osama bin Laden was shown blubbering, "If John Edwards is elected the next American President, we will immediately lay down our arms and renounce our jihad against the West. Kumbaya, Allah, kumbaya."

No comments: