Friday, February 08, 2008

32,000 Pounds

With apologies to George Davis, Merle Travis, and Tennessee Ernie Ford, I offer to you my latest version of this golden oldie, sung in my deepest bass voice:
You move sixteen tons, and what do you get?
Another foot deeper and clothes dripping sweat.
Saint Peter, won't you call me, 'cause I gots to know;
Will you grab that shovel and help dig through the snow?...
"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move." (Matthew 17:20b, NIV) It never said that the mountain would get up and walk by itself.

F.E.M.A. didn't even offer an ice fishing shanty. They said that if Global Warming hadn't so severely occurred, we would have gotten another foot or two. The Polar Mosquito is now much endangered. In addition, all species of mosquito vectors of West Nile Virus are increasing exponentially. Oh, what Man has wrought by refusing the wise leadership of Al Gore.

No comments: