Monday, February 11, 2008

Inside Info

I hacked into Barack Obama's laptop and found the rough draft of his next campaign speech:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
We will seek change to my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
I promise the hope of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
We'll hope and change to my favorite things

When my laws bite
When my tax stings
When you're feeling sad
You'll simply remember my favorite things
And then you won't feel so bad.
Not exactly original, but it has been very effective since intra-cranial vacuums are quickly filled with the nearest available twinkie filling. Just ask Hillary. (And I suspect that Obama included the line, 'Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes' to lure Bill's vote.)

(With apologies to Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rodgers.)

3 comments:

Andrew Stevens said...

When I realized, during an Obama speech, that McCain would defeat Obama in November, I remarked to my wife that when John McCain talked about the threat we face from radical Islamism, Obama simply isn't going to win by saying "Kitty cats! Rainbows! Fluffy bunnies!"

Steve Burri said...

And people say that Christians take a blind leap of faith!

Sissy Willis said...

The Hills are Alive with the Sound of MUSAK . . .

Great, fun post!