Thursday, April 03, 2008

Carter and Obama Sittin' In A Tree...

"Don't forget that Obama won in my state of Georgia. My town, which is home to 625 people, is for Obama, my children and their spouses are pro-Obama. My grandchildren are also pro-Obama. As a superdelegate, I would not disclose who I am rooting for but I leave you to make that guess."1
"I've looked a lot on Obama with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times."

The Georgia swamp rabbit, however, is an apparent anti-terror McCain supporter:
(Photo courtesy of Jimmy Carter Library. Via Jerry L. Callen)


For those of you not familiar with this rabbit reference:

April 20th, 1979

On a fishing trip in Plains, Georgia, President Carter had an encounter with a "swamp rabbit".

Suddenly, for no apparent reason [...] the President volunteered the information that while fishing in a pond on his farm he had sighted a large animal swimming toward him. Upon closer inspection, the animal turned out to be a rabbit. Not one of your cutesy, Easter Bunny-type rabbits, but one of those big splay-footed things that we called swamp rabbits when I was growing up.

The animal was clearly in distress, or perhaps berserk. The President confessed to having had limited experience with enraged rabbits. He was unable to reach a definite conclusion about its state of mind. What was obvious, however, was that this large, wet animal, making strange hissing noises and gnashing its teeth, was intent upon climbing into the Presidential boat.

The President then evidently shooed the critter away from his boat with a paddle.2

No comments: