Monday, November 10, 2008

The 'Anti-Capitalist' Capitalist Pig Emerges from His Muddy Sty

Now that the Presidential election is over, those that were under Democrat Party discipline are free to emerge from their closets.

On election day, Bill Ayers opened his door to be interviewed by David Remnick of The New Yorker. In this he makes several statements that go unchallenged by Remnick.
In fact, Ayers said that he knew Obama only slightly: “I think my relationship with Obama was probably like that of thousands of others in Chicago and, like millions and millions of others, I wished I knew him better.”

“It’s all guilt by association,” Ayers said. “They made me into a cartoon character—they threw me up onstage just to pummel me.

Ayers said he felt “a lot of sympathy” for the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, “who was treated grotesquely and unfairly” by the media. He said that Martin Luther King Jr. was, in his time, far more radical than Wright: “Wright’s a wimp compared to Martin Luther King—he had a fiercer tone.”

Ayers said that he had commiserated recently with yet another former Hyde Park neighbor (and fellow Little League coach), the Palestinian-American scholar Rashid Khalidi, now at Columbia University, who has also been a punching bag of the right wing in recent weeks.

Ayers said that he had never meant to imply, in an interview with the Times, published coincidentally on 9/11, that he somehow wished he and the Weathermen had committed further acts of violence in the old days. Instead, he said, “I wish I had done more, but it doesn’t mean I wish we’d bombed more sh*t.”

“We killed no one and hurt no one. Three of our people killed themselves.”

As we were getting ready to go, after an hour of front-stoop conversation, a neighbor came by and ironically reminded Ayers of the event that he and his wife held for Obama in 1995 when Obama was making his run for the Illinois state senate. "Everyone, including you, wants to have a coffee here," he joked to the neighbor. “I don’t know what the f*ck I’m going to do!”
The release of Ayers' updated version of Fugitive Days had been delayed until November 12th along with two other books. What a coincidence!

Ron Radosh offers a critique of the Remnick/Ayers interview. Also included is a book review of Fugitive Days that Radosh wrote in 2001.

I had an idea and followed through with it. I walked up to Karl Rove's door and knocked, hoping to get an interview. Since the election was over, Mr. Rove graciously agreed.
In fact, Rove said that he knew Bush only slightly: “I think my relationship with Bush was probably like that of thousands of others in Washington and, like millions and millions of others, I wished I knew him better.”

“It’s all guilt by association,” Rove said. “They made me into a cartoon character—they threw me up onstage just to pummel me.

Rove said he felt “a lot of sympathy” for the President Bush, “who was treated grotesquely and unfairly” by the media. He said that Franklin Delano Roosevelt was, in his time, far more radical than Bush: “Bush is a wimp compared to FDR—he had a fiercer tone.”

Rove said that he had commiserated recently with yet another former Washington neighbor, the Nebraska born Wyoming-American Vice President Dick Cheney, now in the White House, who has also been a punching bag of the left wing in recent years.

Rove said that he had never meant to imply, in an interview with anyone, that he somehow wished he and the American troops had committed further acts of violence in the Iraq war days. Instead, he said, “I wish I had done more, but it doesn’t mean I wish we’d bombed more sh*t.”

“We killed no one and hurt no one. Three thousand of our people killed themselves.”

As we were getting ready to go, after an hour of front-stoop conversation, a neighbor came by and ironically reminded Rove of the event that he held for Bush in 1994 when Bush was making his run for Texas Governor. "Everyone, including you, wants to have a snort of coke here," he joked to the neighbor. “I don’t know what the f*ck I’m supposed to do!”
So far The New Yorker has not yet agreed to run my interview.

1 comment:

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.