Monday, January 12, 2009

Justice

From Wicked Thoughts:
As the Manager of a small business that employs 80 people, I have finally resigned to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for the tax increases I figure our customers will have to see a price increase of about 8%, but due to the dismal state of our economy we can't increase prices right now, so we'll have to lay off 7 of our employees instead. This problem has really been eating at me, as I believe we're all family here and I just don't know how to choose who will have to go. Everyone has families and our employees are good people.

So this is what I did. I walked through our parking lot and found 7 Obama `08 bumper stickers on our employees' cars, and decided that these employees will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change, so I gave it to them.

If you have a better idea, let me know.

Sincerely, a small business owner.

No comments: