Wednesday, April 29, 2009

To Be Signed, Notarized, Witnessed, and Returned to Washington Within 5 Days

General Durable Power of Attorney
Effective Immediately or Upon Your Execution


I, [NAME], a resident of [ADDRESS. COUNTY, STATE]; Social Security Number [NUMBER] designate BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, presently residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, D.C., as my attorney in fact (referred to as “President Obama”) on the following terms and conditions:

1. Authority to Act. President Obama is authorized to act for me under this Power of Attorney and shall exercise all powers in my best interests and for my welfare.

2. Powers of President Obama. President Obama shall have the full power and authority to manage and conduct all of my affairs, and to exercise my legal rights and powers, including those rights and powers that I may acquire in the future, including the following:
-a. Collect and Manage. To collect, hold, maintain, improve, invest, lease, or otherwise manage any or all of my real or personal property or any interest therein;
-b. Buy and Sell. To purchase, sell, mortgage, grant options, or otherwise deal in any way in any real property or personal property, tangible or intangible, or any interest therein, upon such terms as the President Obama considers proper, including the power to buy United States Treasury Bonds that may be redeemed at par to pay federal estate tax and to sell or transfer Treasury securities;
-c. Borrow & Print. To borrow and/or print money, to execute promissory notes therefor, and to secure any obligation by mortgage or pledge.
-d. Business and Banking. To conduct and participate in any kind of lawful or unlawful business of any nature or kind, including the right to sign partnership agreements, continue, reorganize, merge, consolidate, recapitalize, close, liquidate, sell, or dissolve any business and to vote stock, including the exercise of any stock options and the carrying out of any buy sell agreement; to receive and endorse checks and other negotiable paper, deposit and withdraw funds (by check or withdrawal slips) that I now have on deposit or to which I may be entitled in the future in or from any bank, savings and loan, or other institution;
-e. Tax Returns and Reports. To prepare, sign, and file separate or joint income, gift, and other tax returns and other governmental reports and documents; to consent to any gift; to file any claim for tax refund; and to represent me in all matters before the Internal Revenue Service;
-f. Safe Deposit Boxes. To have access to any safety deposit box registered in my name alone or jointly with others, and to remove any property or papers located therein;
-g. Proxy Rights. To act as my agent or proxy for any stocks, bonds, shares, or other investments, rights, or interests I may now or hereafter hold;
-h. Legal and Administrative Proceedings. To engage in any administrative or legal proceedings or lawsuits in connection with any matter herein;
-i. Transfers in Trust. To transfer any interest I may have in property, whether real or personal, tangible or intangible, to the trustee of any trust that I have created for my benefit;
-j. Delegation of Authority. To engage and dismiss agents, counsel, and employees, in connection with any matter, upon such terms as President Obama determines;
-k. Restrictions on President Obama’s Powers. Regardless of the above statements, President Obama (1) There are NO RESTRICTIONS on President Obama's powers.

3. Durability. This durable Power of Attorney shall be irrevocable until Hell freezes over.

4. Reliance by Third Parties. Third parties may rely upon the representations of President Obama as to all matters regarding powers granted to President Obama. No person who acts in reliance on the representations of President Obama or the authority granted under this Power of Attorney shall incur any liability to me or to my estate for permitting President Obama to exercise any power prior to actual knowledge that the Power of Attorney has been revoked or terminated by operation of law or otherwise.

5. Indemnification of Agent. No agent named or substituted in this power shall incur any liability to me for acting or refraining from acting under this power.

6. Original Counterparts. Photocopies of this signed Power of Attorney shall be treated as original counterparts.

7. Revocation. I hereby revoke any previous Power of Attorney that I may have given to deal with my property and affairs as set forth herein.

8. Compensation. President Obama shall be reimbursed for trillions of dollars in expenses incurred while acting as Agent and may receive reasonable compensation for acting as Agent.

9. Substitute Agent. There can be no substitute for President Obama.

Dated: [DATE]

_______________________________
NAME

Signed in the presence of:

_______________________________
Witness

_______________________________
Witness

Subscribed and sworn to before me on [DATE].

____________________________________
Notary Public, [COUNTY, STATE]
My commission expires ______________.

(H.T. Rush.)

No comments: