Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Proposal for Congress

(At the risk of causing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Booker T. Washington, Jackie Robinson, and George Washington Carver to roll over in their graves...)

I did not watch any of the Michael Jackson coverage. However, even ESPN's Sports Center showed clips of Michael Jordan's and Magic Johnson's speeches at the ceremony. Apparently, Magic views Jackson as the finest human being that has ever lived.

Therefore:

Be it resolved that the United States Congress declare a national holiday to honor Michael Jackson.

Be it resolved that Michael Jackson Day be observed each year on February 30th.

Michael Jackson National Holiday theme song:

I'll be there, I'll be there, just call my name, I'll be there

(Just look over your shoulders, honey - ooh)

I'll be there, I'll be there, whenever (or not) you need me, I'll be there
Don't you know, baby, yeah yeah!

No comments: