Friday, September 17, 2004

I'm taking on the progressives over at lanceburri.blogspot today. One thing I'd like to flesh out a little more is the letter. Some group called United Progressives for Victory is calling on Naderites to vote for Kerry, instead. Some of their reasoning:

A second Bush term will demolish our already-weakened environmental and consumer protections, decimate our public education system and civil liberties, eliminate a woman's right to choose and medical privacy, ship millions more jobs overseas, and drain programs that help the poor and working families to give tax breaks to the very richest among us...

Conservatives understand power and they want to keep it. They will continue to use whatever means are necessary...

We cannot let the right wing win. We cannot let our democracy be stolen again.

Plenty of usual suspects among the signers: unions, students, environmentalists, a pair of way-lefty Assemblymen, and the Mayor of Madison. And...

...our very own Attorney General, Peg Lautenschlager.

I'd like to ask her, or hear a reporter ask her, does she really believe the contents of that letter?

Does she really believe the election was "stolen?" If so, isn't it her duty to enforce the law? Shouldn't she file suit somehow?

No matter. I'm sure she'll realize her mistake after reading Grandpa John.

3 comments:

Steve Burri said...

Fartin' Bob Laugh-a-lot?
AG Peg may have not been sober.

The probligo said...

I think that I have gotten to the stage where, despite my dislike for the man, I would say that the US DESERVES to have GWB for a second term.

But having said that - god help the rest of us...

Al said...

I doubt that New Zealand has much to fear from GWB. In fact, I'll do my damnedest to make sure that New Zealand has nothing to fear from any American administration.