Wednesday, June 01, 2005

It seems that every opportunity; real, imagined, or fabricated, the Liberals in politics and the media chose to bash the Hated W. "Bush should be impeached because Tootsie Rolls are 2 grams smaller than they were during the Clinton administration." Well, well, it seems they have missed one golden opportunity presently being played out. Forty games in forty days.

The NBA season is down to its final four. Since my Bucks could only do reasonably well in the NIT, I am forced to adopt other favorite teams during this part of the season. My hopes for the finals are San Antonio and Miami. My interest in Miami is Dwyane 'Flash' Wade, the former Warrior/Golden Eagle/Gold/Whatever. Because of the hype of LeBron and Carmello, Flash barely made the radar screen. But... where are they now? I was also a basketball official in South Central Texas during Shaq's tenure in a San Antonio High School, but I didn't draw any of his games.

My interest in the Spurs arose from my life in South Texas. Even then it would not have prospered if it weren't for a class act named David Robinson, The Admiral. I have long been a citizen of Mr. Robinson's neighborhood. He's still real active in youth education in San Antonio. I saw him commenting in a documentary about George Washington Carver. Wow! One of high character extolling another. (I can forgive Carver for his popularizing soybeans-- even though they induced bad childhood memories.)

Oh, yeah... the playoffs, particularly the Western Conference finals. Oh, and don't forget the Liberals, too. During the 2004 presidential election, the Senator Kerry complained about the billions of high paying jobs that were transferred abroad. (It's a good thing the Democrats here in Wisconsin have done something to 'make a difference'. We've raised the minimum wage. Bravo, we are saved!) Here during the NBA playoffs, Kerry and his ilk should be jumping all over Bush for allowing gazillions of U.S. Dollars to go to foreigners. Look at the unforgiveable situation in the Spurs/Suns playoff alone:

Manu Ginobli-- Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Tony Parker-- Bruge, Belgium (I'll leave out the France part 'cause Kerry couldn't be inflamed by that.)
Beno Udrih-- Celje, Slovenia
Rasho Nesterovic-- Ljubljana, Slovenia
Tim Duncan-- St. Croix, Virgin Islands (Grandpa John used to tell me that that was where old prostitutes went for recycling.)
Leandro Barbosa-- Sao Paulo, Brazil
Steve Nash-- Canada, but he was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, during the Botha regime!!!
Amare Stoudemire-- They claim he's American, but, crap, I think he's from another planet altogether!

And don't get me started about Baseball, Soccer, Hockey, Boxing, and the NFL field goal kickers!

So, come on Kerry, get on the ball. And Senator McCain (The Rifleman), stop using the steroids to be presidential!

No comments: