Saturday, February 11, 2006

This is bad for my groove.

'Cool' Always Has Place in Modern Lexicon - Yahoo! News:

NEW YORK - Groovy is over, hip is square, far out is long gone. Don't worry, though - it's cool.

'Cool' remains the gold standard of slang in the 21st century, as reliable as a blue-chip stock, surviving like few expressions ever in our constantly evolving language. It has kept its cool through the centuries - even as its meaning changed drastically.

How cool is that?

Way cool, say experts who interpret slang for their messages about society.

Groovy is over? When did that happen?

1 comment:

Steve Burri said...

When I taught school I always used to tell the kids, "Cool? Cool is neither hot nor cold. 'So because you are cool-- neither hot nor cold-- I am about to spit you out of my mouth.' Rev. 3:16 (Burri Translation)