Monday, February 05, 2007

Everybody Talks About the Weather, But...

I have a running joke going with my pastor. He is a winter guy; liking the snow and cold. I, on the other hand, have learned to appreciate the winters that I experienced in Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

For the past couple of years I told him that I had a prayer team organized down in Jamaica that would pray against snow and cold weather here in Wisconsin. Since the past 2 winters were quite mild, it appeared that their activities were effective.

Last week I told him that the Environmental Protection Agency was investigating my 'team' for their contribution to global warming and ordered them to cease and desist their activities. And look what has happened; it was -17 here this morning and promises to continue for some time.

If my team can no longer pray for mild winters, perhaps I shall ask them to pray for a pox on the EPA's house.

No comments: