Friday, April 13, 2007

Kudos

Jemele Hill exhibits a lot of class in an apologetic article on ESPN.com: Page 2, 'Apology to Duke lacrosse players not enough':

I never wrote it, but I felt it -- which is just as bad. I said it in private discussions with friends, some of whom tried to get me to see the whole picture, not just the picture I wanted to see.

My being a black woman, my knowing too many athletes who treat women like items to be purchased in a vending machine, and my witnessing enough athlete rape trials where accusers are overwhelmed by their fame and fortune -- it all tainted my perception and made me doubt your innocence.

I feel stupid now.[...]


This is an excellent article. I laughed and got weepy. (A cinder must have gotten into my eye.)

(H.T. Daily Dollop.)

No comments: