Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bravo! Ann Coulter. Encore...Encore!

I get quite a charge out of Conservative and/or Republican rhetoric. On the one hand, there is much complaining that no candidate is clearly and boldly expressing the message with consistency. On the other hand, Ann Coulter expresses herself clearly and consistently and she is an embarrassment to the cause. Like her message or not, at least she has to intestinal fortitude to speak her principles without consulting polls or sticking a moistened finger into the PC wind. "She does it just to promote and sell her newest book." Maybe so, but has it been successful? Could a candidate or a party garner votes and support by speaking a principled message courageously?

"Courage!"

The latest flap on Donny Deutch's television talk show occurred when Coulter stated that she wanted Jews to become Christians. What a stupid bee-utch, eh? How embarrassing, eh? She doesn't only call herself a Christian, she even believes that nonsense and says it out loud on TV! Let's distance ourselves from her.

"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes." Paul (Romans 10:1-4, NIV)

Ann Coulter must be giggling at her detractors. Here's what Paul (in Ann's terms, a perfected Jew) got for his clear, consistent message:

"[...] Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and day in the open sea. I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. [...]" Paul (II Corinthians 11:22-27a, NIV)

Steven M. Warshawski concludes in his article, On Coulter, Christians, and Jews published on American Thinker:

What Deutch and Savage and the other critics fail to understand is that only a Christian people who truly believes in the correctness, indeed superiority, of their religion will be able to win this fight. A secularized people who believes in nothing but watery principles of tolerance and democracy inevitably will succumb to the combination of violent Islamic intimidation and the "nondiscriminatory" imperatives of their own multicultural worldview. If sharia ever does come to the United States, I am quite certain that its handmaidens will be atheists and liberals, not believing Christians.

As a Jew living in this great country, I have no doubt who my enemies are, and who are my allies. And I know to which group Ann Coulter belongs.
Bravo!

(Ironically, Warshawski's post is bookended on American Thinker by two articles condemning Coulter, both presumably written by Gentiles.)

(Ann's new book is titled If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd be Republicans. Perhaps her next book should be titled If Republicans Had Any Brains, They'd Think, Speak, and Act Like Conservatives.)

No comments: