Friday, May 23, 2008

Theory on Obama Support

Burt Prelutsky:
That’s why it’s so perplexing to see so many Americans supporting this guy. [Obama]

Recently, though, I saw Tiger Woods in a TV commercial. Mr. Woods, who, like Mr. Obama, is of mixed parentage, is tall, thin, has a pleasant smile and speaks well. As if hit by a thunderbolt, it occurred to me that possibly millions of Obama’s fans confuse the world’s worst candidate with the world’s best golfer. I realize that, if taken the wrong way, his disciples could think that I’m out to insult their intelligence. But nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, I believe that confusing the candidate with the golfer is the best, in fact the only, reason I can possibly imagine for supporting Barack Obama this coming November.
I can buy that.

1 comment:

HeatherRadish said...

That makes a lot of sense, now that you mention it.

In Obersalzburg last week, I was asked about the "American fascination with Hitler" and answered that my fascination is mostly with how he hypnotized thousands of people into acting against their own interests to fuel his megalomania. Then "Yes we can!" popped into my head...