Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Fly on the Wall

Sometimes you are just at the right place at the right time to be privy to an interesting intimate conversation.

Yesterday, while I was sitting outside at work, my boss's Jack Russell terrier noticed the neighbor's cocker spaniel on the other side of the chain link fence. I expected a major show of alpha territoriality, but was surprised to witness a civil canine exchange of information.

After a moment of nose-to-nose communication, the Jack Daniels pivoted, lifted his leg, and urinated on the fence. The spaniel checked it out thoughtfully. He then pivoted, lifted his leg, and emptied his little bladder in the same spot. The Jack Dempsey sniffed the offered information carefully. Apparently satisfied, both critters turned and trotted away.

As he sauntered by, I asked the Jack Russell what was up with that. He told me that they were re-enacting Senator Obama's summit with European leaders.

I will write him in.

No comments: