Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spaghetti Sinistrorsa

I have been trying to find credible sources to tell me what is really going on in the American Presidential election. I can't trust the mainstream media and American bloggers are all over the place. After hours of exhaustive research, I finally found the truth. It came in the form of an interview of Erica Jong published in al Corriere, an Italian daily paper. It is unbiased and rational.

Da un’intervista di Erica Jong al Corriere: (passos)
"E’ risaputo che le macchine elettorali in America sono truccate"

"I miei amici Ken Follett e Susan Cheever sono preoccupatissimi. Naomi Wolf mi chiama tutti i giorni. Ieri Jane Fonda mi ha mandato un’email per dirmi che ha pianto tutta la notte e non riesce a guarire dal mal di schiena perché la tensione l’ha ridotta a un fascio di nervi"

"Anche la mia schiena è in preda agli spasmi tanto che sono dovuta ricorrere all’agopuntore, facendomi prescrivere il valium"

"Dopo aver rubato le ultime due elezioni, i mafiosi repubblicani…"

"Se Obama perde scoppierà la seconda guerra civile americana. Ci sarà il sangue per strada, mi creda, e non è un caso che il presidente Bush abbia richiamato dall’Iraq un contingente di soldati che sotto il comando di Dick Cheney saranno impiegati nelle strade contro i cittadini americani qualsiasi"

"Bush ha trasformato l’America in uno stato di polizia, dalla tortura all’impriogionamento dei giornalisti, al Patriot Act"1
My Italian skills being what they are... this roughly translates into:
"The record shows that voting machines in America are rigged."

"My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduced her to a bundle of nerves."
Grandpa Jerry, you stop that victory dancing right now or Taylor will send you to your room!
"My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium."

"After having stolen the last two elections, the Republican Mafia…"

"If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

"Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act."
And that's... the rest of the story.

And that's the way it was.

Good night and good luck.

1 comment:

Al said...

I plowed through all that Italian and it looks like your translation is correct (and better than I can do). And she must be right; she's got her finger on the pulse of the age!