Thursday, January 01, 2009

I Read a Book

I don't read a lot of fiction. It has been some time since I have sat down to read a novel. Since I watched the series on NRO of Peter Robinson interviewing novelist Andrew Klavan, author of True Crime, adapted to film starring Clint Eastwood and Don't Say a Word, also adapted and starring Michael Douglas, I decided to read his newest, Empire of Lies.

By page one I knew that this was going to be a good book:
...Unfortunately, if you get your news from the mainstream media- the television networks and the Times and so on- much of what you've heard has been distorted or is downright untrue. You know how that goes. If I had been some left-leaning crackpot who blamed America for being under attack, no doubt they'd have portrayed me as a hero...

But because I'm a political conservative and, even worse, a believing Christian, the networks and the Times and all the rest have consistently depicted me as small-minded and pinch-hearted, a bigot and an ill-educated fool.
It was very good. I had a hard time putting it down and finished it in one day.

No comments: