Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grandpa Jerry's New Wheels

Haven't been over to see it yet, but Grandpa Jerry got a new truck. Since he is retired from Janesville's Chevy plant, he got a Chevy. Shortly after, he had a close call and e-mailed this:
I bought a new GMC Sierra and returned to the dealer the other day because I couldn't get the radio to work.

The salesman explained that the radio was voice activated.

'Nelson,' the salesman said to the radio.
The radio replied, 'Ricky or Willie?'

'Willie!' he continued and 'On The Road Again' came from the speakers.

Then he said, 'Ray Charles!', and in an instant 'Georgia On My Mind' replaced Willie Nelson.

I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd say, 'Beethoven,' I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said, 'Beatles,' I'd get one of their awesome songs.

Yesterday, some guys with an Obama bumper sticker ran a red light and nearly creamed my new truck, but I swerved in time to avoid them.

I yelled, 'A$$holes!'

Immediately, the radio began to play the 'Iranian National Anthem', sung by Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand, backed up by Michael Moore and The Dixie Chicks, with John Kerry on guitar, Al Gore on drums, Dan Rather on harmonica, Nancy Pelosi on tambourine, Harry Reid on spoons, Bill Clinton on sax, and Ted Kennedy On Scotch.

BOY, I LOVE this truck!

Grandpa Jerry

No comments: