Wednesday, October 14, 2009

White House Celebrates Latin Music

Aye, aye, aye-aye, I am the Frito Bandito. Give me Fritos cornchips and I'll be your friend. The Frito Bandito you must not offend.
WASHINGTON — The White House swayed to Latin beats, as President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama hosted Hispanic musicians and singers on the mansion's south lawn.

"Even though it is constantly evolving and changing, Latin music speaks to us in a language we all can understand... it moves us, and it tends to make us move a little bit ourselves," Obama said in welcoming his guests at the "Fiesta Latina" gala on Tuesday.

Chorus:
La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
Ya no quieres caminar,
Porque no tienes,
Porque le falta,
Marihuana que fumar.

Chorus:
The cockroach, the cockroach,
Doesn't want to travel on
Because she hasn't,
Oh no, she hasn't
Marijuana to smoke.


I, I, I-I, I am the Freedom Bandito. Give me Free Flow Tax Bills and I'll be your friend. The Free World Bandito you must not offend.

No comments: