Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Party of 'No!'

This past weekend I attended a pre-holiday party in a friend's home. The host, as well as most of the attendees were quite liberal. Although it is generally considered bad form to instigate discussions of religion or politics at such events, I am not shy about those topics.

In this case, I do not recall how the conversation actually started, but ObamaCare became the headline topic of the hour. As I listened to the usual Liberal memes that included the 'fact' that the Republicans were the party of 'NO!,' I turned to the host and said, "Bob, I really have to go to the bathroom. So in keeping in the spirit of the ongoing discussion, would you mind if I took a major dump over there by your holiday tree?"

"What? That would be gross! No, you can't!"

"Well, how about just one small turd and a couple of big farts then?"

"NO! What kind of crazy request is that?"

"Could I just take a whiz in the corner behind the tree?"

"No! Steve, what's wrong with you today? Are you on crack or something?"

"Well, I can see that this is a party of 'No!'

A lady attendee named Alicia broke the long stunned silence, "Wasn't that tofu loaf we had for dinner great?"

"NO!"

No comments: