Saturday, March 24, 2012

Grandpa Steve's Neighborhood

.
My wife and I have a running joke about my late night walks around the neighborhood. "I sense a disturbance in the force." "Gotta keep the neighborhood safe for democracy."

Well, tonight I did NOT perform my neighborhood security check. Earlier this evening a Facebook friend who lives along my normal route writes,
"Four police cars, seven cops, and what can only be a drug-sniffing German shepherd across the street. What passes for fun on a Saturday night in Janesville!"

Then just before going to work, along the end of my normal route and just around the corner... this view from my window.

(Not pictured: The Police supervisor's SUV blocking this end of the street, the squad blocking the other end, and the other ambulance.)

I miss one evening of patrolling and the 'hood goes all chaotic.


.

No comments: