Riding Tail-Gunner on a Bread Delivery Truck
According to Wicked Thoughts, Being Irish means...
* you swear very well
* at least one of your cousins holds political office
* you think you sing very well
* you don't know the words but that doesn't stop you from singing
* you have no idea how to make a long story short
* you can't wait for the other guy to stop talking so you can start talking
* you're strangely poetic after a few beers
* you're poetic a lot
* you will be punched for no good reason...a lot
* some punches directed at you are legacies from past generations
* your sister will punch you because your brother punched her
* many of your sisters are Catherine, Elizabeth or Mary...and one is Mary Catherine Elizabeth
* someone in your family is incredibly cheap
* it is more than likely you
* there wasn't a huge difference between your last wake and your last kegger party
* you are, or know someone, named "Murph"
* if you don't know Murph, then you know "Mac"
* if you don't know Murph or Mac, then you know "Sully"
* you'll probably also know Sully McMurphy
However, lest we think the Irish a closed fraternal society, Common Sense and Wonder gives definitive proof that it is not. The Irish have assimilated aspects of their culture from some exotic places that you might find surprising. Almost every Irishman practices Hatha Yoga imported from India. Please take note of identical techniques practiced in the following:
Pictured here is Apu in his spare time between 'The Simpsons' takes:
And here is Sully McMurphy relaxing on a break between city council sessions: