Friday, September 22, 2006

Do You Know Where Your Children Are?

Jeepers!

KENOSHA, Wis. - A 10-year-old boy lit a powerful firecracker in his bedroom Thursday and was trying to extinguish it in a bathroom sink when it went off, severely injuring one of his hands, authorities said.

Kenny Rua was reported in fair condition Thursday night at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, said spokeswoman Melissa Douglas.

According to police and fire reports, the boy lost most of the fingers on his left hand in the blast that destroyed the porcelain sink and much of the rest of the bathroom.

Guy Santelli, an investigator for the Fire Department's Fire Prevention Bureau, said damage had been estimated at about $5,000.

"The bathroom was blown apart pretty well," Santelli said.

According to police and fire officials, a relative gave the boy three M-100 firecrackers several months ago, and he took one of them from a dresser drawer and lit it about 7 a.m. Thursday.


Uhh... Lance, M.J., uhhh... would you please ask Mitchell to give me that little bag back that I gave him last 4th of July at Uncle Jerry's?

2 comments:

Lance Burri said...

I already confiscated it. No gophers in OUR yard this year.

Steve said...

You have a yard left??!!